{Organization} Copics & Die Storage

Tuesday, April 10, 2012
Hi there!! I am pretty OCD about keeping my stamp room clean and organized. When a few things are out of place, it drives me crazy! Here are a few of my latest additions to my stamp room!

I had the original Copic Cubbie, but I was running out of room with it. Since the company discontinued it, I looked online for directions to make one and found directions to make one out of foam board. While I probably could have done this myself, I knew that my dad would do a better job because he actually builds remote control airplanes out of foam board and flies them. Let the pros do it, right? He made me two of them and glued them together. I love it!! I have some "growing room," too. LOL! I know a lot of you also had the Copic Cubbie, so I wanted to share this with you! 


Next up is my die storage!! I used to store my dies in QuicKutz magnetic folders. I 
had a few of them, and just like the Copics, I ran out of room. I also wanted a storage system that would allow me to store ALL of my dies together - Nestabilties, MFT Dienamics, etc. 

I saw this idea on Nicole Heady's blog. I loved it, but I didn't really like the idea of the CD envelopes. I wanted a magnetic system. 


I saw this idea on Ashley Cannon Newell's blog (sorry, it wouldn't let me save the picture), and she used magnets, so I combined Nicole's box with Ashley's magnet method and ta-da...here's what I came up with! 

I got the box at Walmart. It was less than $8. I wanted black, but all the black ones were beat up. Oh well...pink's fun, right? This is actually a CD storage box, and you can get them in the office supply section at Walmart. 


I used some cardstock to make my dividers and my handy-dandy label maker to put the names of my sections. 


I didn't make labels for my chipboard because well...that would've just been WAY too much labeling. What I really LOVE about this system is that I can get ALL of my dies into one box. Even my border dienamics from MFT Stamps fit in there! I was worried they would be too tall, but they weren't. I labeled the back of each border dienamic with a label, as well. I'm a little anal about labeling things.


I just cut chipboard to fit the box, and I cut my magnet about half-an-inch shorter in height so that I would have room to write the name of the dies. I've been hoarding chipboard/thin cardboard ever since I started paper-crafting thinking that I might need it for something someday. I'm glad I saved it! I had plenty! I got the magnet in rolls at Hobby Lobby using my 40 percent off coupons. It was $9.99 a roll regular price. I went ahead and made me a few extra cardboard squares so that I would have room for new dies! 


I also picked up an extra box when they put them on clearance, and I discovered that my Cuttlebug embossing folders fit perfectly in there. Score!

I hope this gives your some organization inspiration for your own stamp room!

Thanks for stopping by! :)

2 comments

  1. Great ideas, Candace! I'm another one that prefers magnets to envelopes - great way to accomplish that! Thanks for the inspiration...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace...if you ever get remotely near California...will you please come help me organize?? Oh my goodness I am sooo jealous! Wonderful ideas!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!