{paper crafts} Thank You So Much!

Sunday, March 10, 2019
Do you ever sit down to stamp a card and every idea you have just goes wrong? That's what happened with me today. A few years ago I sold my precious Copic markers because I hadn't stamped in several years and wasn't using them. Now that I'm finding my stamping groove again, I don't have any coloring materials except one small watercolor palette. I wanted to try to make a background for some stamps, but the old inkpad I wanted to use was dried up. It was one thing after another. I need to make a trip to the craft store and start building up some more ink pads. I'm seeing a lot of people using the Tim Holtz ink pads, so I think I'll start there. 

I finally remembered I had this Kindness stamp set and the coordinating dies from Sweet 'n Sassy Stamps, and I knew they would work perfect for this week's Freshly Made Sketches #378. This stamp set is no longer available at SNSS, but they do have lots of other stamps that I have on my wish list. 

For my card, I emobssed the background with my favorite polka dot embossing folder and used the dies to cut out each of the flowers (two small and one large) and stamped the flowers on each cut-out. The flowers are popped up with foam tape. I stamped the sentiment and finished it off with some ribbon. I used some older BasicGrey papers from my stash. 



supplies:
paper: cardstock, basic grey patterned paper
stamps: kindness by sweet n sassy stamps with coordinating dies
ink: versafine onyx black
accessories: ribbon, foam tape
tools: seeing spots embossing folder

2 comments

  1. Gorgeous colors and a pretty card! Sorry you had to experience so many frustrations to make it. Sounds like a fun shopping trip is in order! :) Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so pretty! I love the textures and colors. It has to be hard to get back to things without some of the old tools. But I love the distress inks for coloring...I think you will too. So glad to see you this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!