TSG159 - Love Birds

Monday, June 4, 2012
Hi there!! Happy Monday to you!

It's time for There She Goes Challenge #159! This week our challenge is brought to us by Tobi! She has challenged us to make a card or project using this photo as inspiration.



I'll be honest. I usually shy away from photo (and color) inspiration cards. Give me a sketch challenge anytime! I don't know why. That's just me. Anyway, I thought this was such a PRETTY photo, and when I saw it, the Love Birds stamp set came straight to mind, as well as the My Mind's Eye Howdy Doody paper pad. I love the colors! So with those two things in mind, I came up with this card. 


I stamped the image in Memento Tuxedo Black and colored it with Copic markers. I accented the image panel with Buttercup Liquid Pearls. I finished my card off with some ivory cotton twill ribbon from my favorite - RibbonCarousel.com! 

To be eligible for the giveaway, create a card or project using the inspiration photo, and then come back to the TSG Blog to add your name and a link to your project in the InLinkz that is located at the bottom of this challenge post. This challenge is open until the winner has been announced on the following Monday (June 11th). The winner will get a $5 gift certificate to use in the TSG Web store!

By participating in this challenge, you may also find yourself in the Trendsetting Spotlight that shines on the TSG Blog every Thursday. We will be on the lookout to find challenge cards that stand out and show Trendsetting qualities. TSG stamps are not required to participate in the challenges but are appreciated :)

You do not need to have a blog to be able to participate in the TSG Challenges! You can simply add the URL link from your project after it has been uploaded to your online craft gallery. If you upload your card to an online craft gallery, please use the keyword TSG159 so we can check out your beautiful work! 

Challenges I Used:
Paper Play Challenges #22 - two of something (I have two birds)
Little Red Wagon - woodgrain
Crafty Friends Challenges #5 - flowers (in my patterned paper)

Thanks so much for stopping by today! :)


Supplies:
Cardstock: Lemon Tart (PTI), X-Press It Blending Cardstock
Patterned Paper: Miss Caroline - Howdy Doody by My Mind's Eye
Stamps: Love Birds by There She Goes
Ink: Memento Tuxedo Black, Copic markers
Embellishments: ivory cotton twill ribbon (RibbonCarousel.com), Buttercup Liquid Pearls, foam tape
Tools: Classic Circle Nestabilities, MFT Simply Scallops Border Dienamics

5 comments

  1. Really liking your use of the Liquid Pearls, these last few posts. The product gives great dimension and shine. Your love birds are very TWEET!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Candace, your card is adorable! Love it!
    Thanks so much for participating in the Crafty Friends Challenge.
    Hugs and smiles

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous card Candace - LOVE the colours & colouring :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous card, Candace. Lovely sharp image, I love the grey woodgrain background paper - and your colours and papers are absolutely beautiful.

    Thanks for joining us on PaperPlay this week.

    Julie :o)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the gorgeous dp behind these sweet little birds. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to leave some love!